Our Declaration of Principles is a living document, which can be modified and improved over time, following our debates and internal voting within Alianza Futurista about the various relevant issues, and new ideas are approved and incorporated. If you like Aliana Futurista in general, and you want to participate in our debates and internal voting, consider becoming a member and helping us build the future!
The Declaration of Principles, in its present version, includes the original goals and objectives, and some others. They are all in the process of constant debate and optimization, and thus can be modified, polished, improved, refined, or eliminated, as is convenient and approved. But, in general, we prefer to improve and add to them, than to remove from them.
Declaration of Principles
1. The ethical, safe, transparent and democratic development and implementation of emerging sciences and technologies in order to reach, as soon as possible, an age characterized by:
1.1. material and immaterial technological abundance which benefits all people and other sentient beings. We want the wellbeing, happiness and protection of as many individuals as is possible. We will place emphasis in the resolution of the gravest problems which affect human beings, but always trying to also help animals, as they are also deserving of our compassion, empathy, respect and ethical consideration.
1.2. the development of therapies for all diseases, as well as therapies to stop or reverse biological aging and its consequences and, ultimately, the elimination of involuntary death whenever possible and if the person wishes such. Our most advanced sciences and technologies allow us to foresee the possibility of extreme longevity. We advocate the prompt, judicious use of these new technologies in order to eliminate as soon as possible the cause of 2 of every 3 deaths in the world (100,000 deaths per day): aging.
1.3. the potentiation of the human body beyond its natural limitations through the use of emerging technologies such as biotechnology, nanotechnology and bionics.
1.4. physical security/safety given present as well as emerging dangers.
2. The defense and protection of minors, both of their physical integrity, and of their psycho-cognitive integrity.
3. The defense and protection of any social group subjected to abuses and discriminations without a rational justification.
4. Establishing a taxation system inspired in the political philosophy of Henry George, popularly known as Georgism, conveniently revised according to the budgetary needs of a modern welfare/wellbeing State. In particular, we advocate:
4.1. Fair Land Value Taxes (LVT), based on the rental market prices of urban and rural land free of improvements, according to location.
4.2. Virtual elimination of personal income taxes and general simplification of the tax system.
4.3. Virtual elimination of corporate taxes for small and emerging businesses. Virtual elimination of taxes for self-employed individuals.
4.4. Reduction of corporate taxes for medium and large companies, following a progressive model. Yearly corporate tax must be calculated ahead of distribution of “high salaries”, above a certain level.
4.5. Reduction of VAT to the minimum permitted by the EU, per our treaties.
4.6. Collection of taxes for the use of vehicles according to their exact use on public roads.
4.7. Collection of other Georgist taxes, such as “green” or “sin” taxes (applied to polluting companies and activities), electromagnetic spectrum taxes (phone, Internet and TV operators), etc.
4.8. Collection of special taxes for the sale of luxury items, such as luxury vehicles and boats, planes, jewelry, etc.
4.9. Reduction of import-export taxes to a minimum.
5. The promotion of the ethical entrepreneurial State, via the investment in public companies capable of producing large profits to be shared by all, via a Universal Basic Income. The general promotion of ethical entrepreneurship.
6. The establishment of a dignified Unconditional Universal Basic Income (UUBI), as well as a voluntary Ethical Conditional Basic Income (ECBI), to serve as additional income, in exchange for social work.
7. The implementation of deep improvements to the education of the citizenry, and the promotion of critical thinking, resistant to any indoctrination, so that our collective decisions can be progressively more informed and conscious. The raising of public awareness about the importance of reason, science and technology.
8. The progressive reduction of the suffering of nonhuman animals. Specifically:
8.1. Development of a public health system for animals in need of veterinary care, with free services (i.e., birth control, including castration) for companion animals, etc.
8.2. Promotion of alternative products ─food or otherwise─ from those obtained via animal mistreatment or exploitation; in particular, of cell cultured products (in vitro meat), virtually identical to real ones. Adequate investment in R&D efforts, and creation of public companies in order to be global leaders in these technologies.
8.3. Childhood education in empathy, compassion and respect towards other animals.
9. The promotion of transparency and sousveillance, defined as the recording of an activity by a participant in that activity, typically via portable devices. In order to promote our physical security/safety given present as well as emerging dangers (see section 1.3), we propose:
9.1. The implementation of coveillance systems, definded as vigilance in both directions: “top down” and “bottom up”.
“Top down” refers to police vigilance to protect the citizen, reduce criminality, arrest criminals, spy on terrorists, etc.
“Bottom up” refers to sousveillance systems, operated by citizenry-based organizations independent of the State, designed to “watch the watchers” and, by extension, those that “rule” (police forces, public servants, etc.) in order to thwart corruption and abuses of power. These entities ─independent of the State, although initially promoted by the State─ would have freedom and a legal/political mandate to watch the watchers, as well as large companies which may abuse their power (i.e., abusing the citizen’s confidence, collecting personal data improperly, etc.).
9.2. The promotion of sousveillance or circunveillance, defined as the free use of cameras and sensors ─ in and around the individual ─, of life-logging (faithful records of what happens), and technological tools for detection of potential intruders (i.e., microdrones) in private spaces and homes. These systems also allow for the citizen to actively collaborate with both law enforcement (sharing information about criminal activities) and sousveillance entities (denouncing corruption or police and business abuses).
10. The legalization of euthanasia, as well as the normalization of human cryopreservation (HC). Cryonics is the experimental science and technology for cryopreservation applied to the human species, when legal death has been declared. Human cryopreservation (HC) is the experimental technique consisting of inducing a state of extreme hypometabolic stasis via vitrification, applied to the human species, with the goal of reverting the process. Cryopreservation is the process by which biological tissue is preserved at very low temperatures, generally between -80°C y -196°C (the boiling point of liquid nitrogen) to lower the vital functions of a cell or organism in order to be able to maintain conditions of life suspended for a long time. At those temperatures, any biological activity, including biochemical reactions that would cause a cell to die, are effectively halted.
10.1. The promotion and the regularization of the voluntary practice of human cryopreservation. These techniques allow us to have unequivocal hopes of survival beyond legal death, with the opportune cryopreservation measures, once the technologies which allow cellular repair and reanimation of patients become available. Many of us supporters of cryonics think that the option of cryonics and HC, as part of the right to life, should be a fundamental human right.
10.2. The promotion of the legal regularization of the voluntary practice of medical biostasis in patients with terminal conditions and brain degenerative diseases. Medical bistasis is a hypometabolic state induced as a medical treatment. It can also be described as HC prior to death, or preagonal HC.
10.3. The legal recognition of cryonically preserved persons as subject of rights, albeit in a state of cryostasis. Cryostasis is the halting of the movement of blood or other substances in an organ of an animal’s body, via the cooling to very low temperatures, near absolute zero.
11. The expansion of our species outside of planet Earth, as a driver of progress and a guarantor of survival.
12. Political activism in order to improve global governance. In particular:
12.1. The promotion of debate forums and of measures or strategies in line with these Principles at the European Parliament and the United Nations.
12.2. The promotion of full-sample polls and referendums amongst the world’s citizenry.
12.3. The promotion of an Advisory Parliament for Humanity.